I finished my manuscript!

I interrupt whatever you’re doing to bring you this important-to-me announcement:

That is all.

About Leanne Shirtliffe (Ironic Mom)

Leanne Shirtliffe (a.k.a. Ironic Mom) is a humor writer who lives by the motto, "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at your kids." She is the author of DON'T LICK THE MINIVAN: Things I Never Thought I'd Say To My Kids (2013) and the picture book THE CHANGE YOUR NAME STORE (2014).
This entry was posted in The Wordbitches Scene and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to I finished my manuscript!

1. Lori Dyan says:

Hooray for you!!! Congrats on reaching this milestone…onward and upward, my friend!

2. Chris says:

Congratulations!!! It’s a fantastic feeling, isn’t it?

3. nancymhayes says:

Wow . Take a deep breath and celebrate. Good work Leanne, you are an inspiration.

4. :-) Awesome, awesome, AWESOME! Congrats!

5. Congratulations!!! That is a wonderful accomplishment! I look forward to the day you meet the publishing milestone.
    Richard

6. Adriana Ryan says:

AWESOME!!! And OMG, that looks like a hilarious read. :) Can’t wait to buy my copy!

7. OMG, I want to read it! I can’t wait to be able to buy it! Congratulations!

8. Trish Loye Elliott says:

Yay you!!! Enjoy the rush. Celebrate!

9. Oh Yeah!!! Way to go girl. I am so happy for you

10. Finished draft one? Or finished finished finished? Way to rain or your parade, eh? I’m at 71K. Does that mean I’m done, too? ;-)

Yay you! Now…let’s get that sucker sold.

• Thanks for all of your encouragement. Now, off to edit.

Renee, given it’s non-fiction, we promise word count. I’d originally intended for this to be 40k (gift book), but my agent wanted me to make it more memoir-y and pump it up to 60k. Yes, now to get that sucker sold!

11. Elena Aitken says: