Best iPhone App for Writers

I found it: the best iPhone App for writers, or at least for me.

It’s called Momento. It archives all of your online social media stuff into diary format. I have it set to archive my tweets, my status updates on Facebook, and my blog entries. It puts them in chronological order, and it does this automatically. In other words, once I set it up, I don’t have to do a thing. That’s my type of diary.

Twitter and Facebook posts

It imports the RSS feed from my blog:

I like Momento because I’m too lazy to keep a diary. This app amalgamates all my random thoughts into one place. I can manually create backups and export data, which I’ve done. I can also search my archives within the app. Here is what a search on “Writing” brought up:

The app costs $2.99. Besides Twitter, Facebook, and your RSS feeds, Momento can also nab your photos at Flickr, the music you favourited at LastFM, and your YouTube videos. It also has an extensive tagging system that I haven’t yet explored.¬†For more info, see momentoapp.com.

Your turn:
What apps do you use for writing?

About Leanne Shirtliffe (Ironic Mom)

Leanne Shirtliffe (a.k.a. Ironic Mom) is a humor writer who lives by the motto, "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at your kids." She is the author of DON'T LICK THE MINIVAN: Things I Never Thought I'd Say To My Kids, the picture book THE CHANGE YOUR NAME STORE (May 2014), and MOMMYFESTO: We Solemnly Swear...Because We Have Kids (Nov 2014).
This entry was posted in General Mess and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Best iPhone App for Writers

1. Liz McLennan says:

Sigh. This *may* be the thing that finally sends me spiralling over the edge and into the abyss of “cell phone ownership”. I’ve been holding out for ages, but my grip is slipping….

2. I use EverNote a lot for random ideas. This looks like a pretty cool app. But I’m an Android man. I’ll have to see if there’s an alternative. :)

Just bought it. I’ll let you know if I need the next entry to be a tutorial.

4. Wendy Barron says:

Awe. Some. I will be sharing this post far and wide. I hope that’s OK. ;-)

5. mj monaghan says:

This is fantastic, Leanne. I’m always looking for a way to keep my whole act together – and you know that’s difficult for me. This looks like a great way to consolidate all the social media into one. Can you also access on your PC if you want to look at it at home?

6. This looks seriously awesome! I’ve always wanted a “diary without writing”, as much as I love writing I don’t like writing about myself. Time for me to go off to the app store…
    If I’m not back in an hour can you send a rescue team? ;)

7. Pingback: February Mashup Of Awesomeness « Lessons From Teachers and Twits

8. Elena Aitken says:

YAY. Just downloaded!! I love new apps.

9. Nina Badzin says:

Sounds very cool! Let us know if you try Evernote. I’ve heard good things too, though I have no clue what it does.