I’m writing a feature article for a regional writing magazine. My topic is “writers and friends.” As I work to find my angle, I’m wondering if you’d help me by answering any (or all) of the questions below. If you don’t want to post them below in the comments, feel free to email me at ironicmom(at)gmail(dot)com.
Nothing like harnessing the collective power of one’s writing friends to write a piece on writing and friends.
On friendships with friends who write
- How important is it to have friends who are writers? Why or why not?
- How have you found and developed friendships with other writers?
- Do most of your writing friends write in the same genre as you do?
On friendships with non-writing friends
4. Has writing changed your relationships with non-writing friends? If so, how?
5. What are the benefits and challenges of maintaining close ties to non-writing friends?
On anything else
6. What else do you have to say on the topic of “Writers and Friends”?